Oconee County has been designated a 2020 PlanFirst Community by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA)!
PlanFirst is DCA’s program to recognize and reward communities that clearly demonstrate an established pattern of successfully implementing their Local Comprehensive Plan. DCA recognized Oconee County’s hard work and successful comprehensive plan implementation, and acknowledged the community’s commitment to identifying opportunities and setting goals to move the county forward.
Participation in the PlanFirst program lasts for three calendar years. Designated communities are encouraged to reapply to renew their designation for an additional three-year period.
PlanFirst designation brings significant recognition and rewards, including eligibility* for the package of incentives listed below:
- Statewide recognition as being an exemplary, PlanFirst, community;
- The ability to apply for CDBG annually during the designation period;
- Bonus points on DCA programs such as the Redevelopment Fund or Employment Incentive Program or the Downtown Revolving Loan Fund;
- Hands-on assistance from DCA staff to help implement community work program activities, and
- Other incentives that are under consideration and will be announced as they are approved.
For more information on PlanFirst, visit DCA’s website.
*Governments designated as PlanFirst are required to maintain their Service Delivery Strategies in order to take advantage of the benefits from the State offered as PlanFirst incentives.