Calendar List View
- NEGRC Council Meeting
Venue: Athens Holiday Inn
10/17/19 @ 12:00 PM
- 21st Annual GARC Training Conference
Venue: The King and Prince
- Community Planning Institute: Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan
Early Bird Registration will open September 23, 2019 (Registration Information will be added to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) website on Monday, September 23):
The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers a class called the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth and development.
Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan is a 2-day class that covers the local comprehensive planning process. You may be eligible for a scholarship for this CPI Class through the Denise Abbound Memorial Fund, Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation at The Georgia Planning AssociationFor more information, click here:
This class provides:
– An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
– A review of Georgia’s planning requirements;
– How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future;
– Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities;
– Other plan implementation tools such as local planning case studies, zoning, or form-based codes.
- Northeast Georgia County Managers’ Meeting
Venue: NEGRC (Athens)
Northeast Georgia County Managers’ Meetings are hosted quarterly at the NEGRC and coordinated by Planning & Government Services Division staff. In this meeting, we will explore mental health and addiction: guest speakers Chief Executive Officer Tamara Conlin and Clinic Manager Katie McFarland of Advantage Behavioral Health Services (ABHS) will be speaking about the services ABHS offers. Guest speaker Officer Robie Cochran of the Athens-Clarke Police Department will describe the joint efforts between ABHS and the Athens-Clarke Police Department to provide a social worker on police rides for cases involving mental health and addictive diseases. There will be an opportunity for County Managers to ask questions and participate in a roundtable discussion.
County Managers and appropriate staff are invited to attend. Lunch will be provided by the architectural firm Goodwyn Mills and Cawood, Inc (GMC). If you would like to attend, RSVP by Monday, November 18th to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Monica Sagastizado, NEGRC Project Specialist, at email@example.com or (706)-369-5650.