The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers a class called the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials, and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth, and development.
- Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan is a 2-day class that covers the local comprehensive planning process. You may be eligible for a scholarship for this CPI Class through the Denise Abboud Memorial Fund, Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation at The Georgia Planning Association website. For more information, click here:
This class provides:
- An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
- A review of Georgia’s planning requirements;
- How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future;
- Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities;
- Other plan implementation tools such as local planning case studies, zoning, or form-based codes.
Registration Information will be added to the DCA website on Monday, March 28th