« All PGS Events
from Nov. 14, 2019 to Nov. 15, 2019All day event
Early Bird Registration will open September 23, 2019 (Registration Information will be added to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) website on Monday, September 23):
The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers a class called the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth and development.
Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan is a 2-day class that covers the local comprehensive planning process. You may be eligible for a scholarship for this CPI Class through the Denise Abbound Memorial Fund, Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation at The Georgia Planning AssociationFor more information, click here:
This class provides:
– An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
– A review of Georgia’s planning requirements;
– How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future;
– Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities;
– Other plan implementation tools such as local planning case studies, zoning, or form-based codes.
from Nov. 14, 2019 to Nov. 15, 2019
All day event