COVID-19 Related Resources
WorkSource Northeast Georgia is dedicated to providing opportunities for education, training, and workforce preparation.
Our mission is to prepare individuals for gainful employment, facilitate collaboration among workforce systems, and leverage the unique talent in our community to meet the needs of local employers.
Outside Local Area: 1 (800) 533-5872
Our office offers a variety of workforce development services. If you are interested in applying or learning more about any of the services below, please call our office at 706-369-5703.
Adult & Dislocated Worker
The Adult & Dislocated Worker program provides tuition assistance to those interested in furthering their education, and thereby gaining the knowledge and skills necessary for better employment. Those eligible for the program may receive financial assistance to attend post-secondary education at a program on our Eligible Provider List.
Youth & Young Adult (Ages 14-24 )
This program provides tuition assistance to those interested in furthering their education, and thereby gaining the knowledge and skills necessary for better employment. Those eligible for the program may receive financial assistance to attend post-secondary education at a program on our Eligible Provider List.
Services for individuals in this program are provided by ACTION, Inc., Athens Technical College, and Bread for Life. The Special Populations program concentrates on individuals in at least one of the following categories: offender, SNAP recipient, older worker (55+), veteran, individual experiencing substance abuse, single parent, and survivor of domestic violence.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is WorkSource Northeast Georgia?
WorkSource Northeast Georgia is the state of Georgia brand for the nation-wide program that is funded through the federal Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA).
What is the purpose of WIOA?
The purpose of WIOA is to provide workforce preparation and educational opportunities, which may include tuition assistance to prepare individuals for the workforce.
What counties do we serve:
WorkSource NEGA serves 12 counties in Georgia: Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Jasper, Madison, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, and Walton.
What Services do we offer?
Tuition Assistance (18+)
WorkSource NEGA works with technical colleges and eligible training institutions to fund certain post-secondary programs. To see the full list of programs please refer to the eligible provider list.
Training programs range from a few weeks long (i.e. truck driving) to two years (i.e. an associate’s degree). In some instances, we are able to help fund the final two years of a four-year degree.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Ages 18+
- Resides in the region
- Meets ONE of the following criteria
- Below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- 18-24 and meets one of the following criteria
- Foster Child
- Must plan to be a full-time student with a 2.0+ GPA
- Must plan to go to work upon completion of schooling
- Additional eligibility requirements apply
What are the benefits?
- Financial assistance with tuition, books, fees, tools, and supplies; up to $7500 for two-year academic program
- Case management
- Travel and childcare allowance if eligible
- Emergency assistance is available on a case by case basis
High School Youth Program (14-21)
This program is managed by one of our providers, ACTION, Inc., to help high schoolers prepare for the workforce. Services may include summer job opportunities, tutoring, career exploration, and job readiness training. To be eligible, applicants much be low-income and have at least one additional barrier in the workforce.
GED & Skills Training (16-24)
The following three providers offer GED and/or occupational skills training, along with life/soft skills training, job readiness training and internship opportunities. To be eligible an individual must meet one or more of the following criteria: low-income, pregnant, parenting, homeless, disabled, ex-offender, drop-out, or be in foster care.
- Paxen Learning Corp (18-24): GED Instruction serving Clarke and surrounding areas: Phone (706) 850-7220
- Athens Technical College’s Bridge to Success Program (16-24) Occupational training such as welding, along with GED instruction if needed. Classes are offered in Clarke, Elbert, and Walton Counties. Phone (706) 552-0964
- ACTION, Inc.’s Accelerated Opportunities Program (16-24): Case management and tuition assistance for students attending Lanier Technical College for GED and occupational training. (706) 308-9215