GeorgiaCares Program: State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). GeorgiaCares is a public-private partnership, administered by the Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) Division of Aging Services (DAS).
GeorgiaCares provides free, unbiased and factual information and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers with health and drug plans. GeorgiaCares is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for Georgia.
GeorgiaCares helps people with Medicare understand their benefits and make informed decisions about health care options.
Visit the Georgia Cares website for More Information
Important information about GeorgiaCares services:
- GeorgiaCares counseling services are free.
- GeorgiaCares provides non-biased opinions.
- GeorgiaCares is not affiliated with any insurance company.
- GeorgiaCares does not sell or solicit any type of insurance.
GeorgiaCares counselors can help people with Medicare:
- Understand your health plan choices
- Enroll in a Medicare plan that meets your needs
- Review Medicare Summary Notice(s)
- Review Explanation of Benefits
- Sort through medical bills and assist in filing Medicare claims and appeals
- Help you apply for financial assistance programs to reduce Medicare out-of-pocket expenses
Local assistance is available for health insurance related issues including Medicare, Medicaid, prescription drug assistance programs, financial assistance programs, and long-term care insurance.
For information on one-on-one counseling sessions or community education events in your area, call (706) 549-4850 or 1-866-552-4464 (Option 4).