Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division
The Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division's staff assists local governments in a range of programs and services on a local and regional level. These services cover two areas: 1. local and regional planning; and 2. community and economic development. For more detail on PGS programs and services, see the "Services List" section below and left tabs for program and/or project information.
How can local governments request our assistance? Please see sample project request letter.
- The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC) is
seeking qualified applicants for the position of Program Assistant. See details here.
- The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission is seeking
qualified applicants for the position of Director of Planning & Government
Services. See details here.
- NEGRC’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) available on StatsAmerica here.
- The NEGRC Council adopted the CEDS update (Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy) for Northeast Georgia on 8.17.2017. Click HERE to access the CEDS 2017-2021.
- MAP-21 is a federally mandated and funded program will involve coordinating with our twelve member counties to collect and verify information about local roads throughout the region. This information will include ownership, operation, number of lanes, surface type, median type, traffic control devices and road names. This program is intended to address challenges across the nation related to increased safety, improved infrastructure condition, decreased traffic congestion, efficiencies in freight movement, protecting the environment and recusing delays in product delivery. The Regional Commission along with GARC, UGA’s Carl Vinson Institute, and the Georgia Department of Transportation are working in partnership on this program and will be contacting each member government in the coming weeks and months to use their knowledge of the local roads for this effort. For more information, please visit https://georgiamap21.org, or contact Eva Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Regional Commission.
Items Under Review
Local Planning Due Dates
Governments are required to periodically update their local plans in order to retain Qualified Local Government status and remain eligible for various forms of grant funding and permitting. Check your due dates to ensure that your eligibility for state assistance is not interrupted.